Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Railroad Wives

I'm terrible at making new friends. Terrible. Which why I was so happy when Katherin and her husband, Lee, introduced themselves to us. Lee works for the railroad, too, so he and Dan have a lot in common. That same link connects Katherin and I as "railroad wives".

"Railroad wives" survive lonely days while their husbands are on the road. They often feel like a lone parent, and meeting new people is hard when your family moves again and again. Such fate brought us together. Lee was transferred to Sterling about a month before Daniel started. Therefore, both Katherin and I are the new girls in town. That means instant bonding!

We exchanged numbers and have texted a bit. We sit together during church, especially when our husbands are working. The other day, we had lunch together, and talked for hours. She's so fun, and actually takes an interest in who I am and how I am. She invited me and Daniel to dinner that night, as well, and we had such a great time with them. We left feeling so excited about this new friendship and its opportunities.

I had a little bit of a hard time at first, letting go of my insecurities and opening up, but this was just meant to be. It's such a blessing to me that Katherin has been so kind and welcoming, and I think she's really happy to have someone to relate to. The Lord really does take care of all of our needs. If we open up to the possibilities, He will bless us in ways we couldn't have imagined. And for that, I'm truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment