Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

DIY: Cheap, Fast Autumn Wreath

Autumn colors are my favorite! The leaves outside aren't even yellow yet, but I couldn't resist adding some to my home. And what better way than with a homemade wreath, right?? This whole project took me about 20 minutes and cost under $5. The hardest part was picking out the foliage at the dollar store! 


Step 1: Gather supplies.


Step 2: Cut stems from the base of the bouquet.


Step 3: Weave stems into the wreath base. 


Step 4: Gaze at your wreath's beauty and give yourself a high five.


Step 5: Hang it up for all to see. 

Was that quick, or what?? 

A couple tips:
1) Make sure all your stems are going the same direction, or it'll look kinda funky.
2) For a more secure wreath, I'd suggest using a hot glue gun. But, as you can see, you can still do just fine without it.
3) My wreath is about the size of an average pie pan. For the front door, I'd suggest a larger base, but this size works perfectly for inside the house.

What I would do differently:
I'd get some sparkly gold ribbon, weave it in, and tie a big bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment