Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Love Story Part 1: Becoming Friends

It was my Junior year, and I was at a football game with some friends. The game was starting to get a bit stale, so a guy friend and I were walking around the stands, talking to people we knew. We came across a boy from my neighborhood, and his friend, Dan Coley. Now, I'd heard of him before. Dan Coley is a big name on campus. But I never had a face to stick to it until now. He didn't say much, but he seemed really nice.

A few weeks later, after a church service project, we were all eating lunch.  And there he was: Dan Coley. I sat nearby, because I overheard a conversation between him and our mutual friends about Lord of the Rings. *Spoiler Alert* I'm a huge nerd. So we started talking. Turns out, we have a bunch in common. He got my number.


We started texting and would see each other quite a bit. He invited me on a day trip into Phoenix, shortly after the light rail opened (Pictured above). We hung out at our friend's eagle project. We were just friends. But I knew he liked me a little more than that.

Stay tuned for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment