Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fuzzy Toddler

A little Chopper update:


What a dog! He gets into so much trouble, sometimes I just need to strangle him! Then he looks up at me with those big brown eyes and I can't resist scooping him up for a snuggle sesh; he LOVES his snuggle time! He's getting so big, I can't even believe it. Soon he'll be too big to crawl up on my lap...or for me to carry him around the Home Depot when he gets whiny and tired. *cough cough*

It's hard getting a good picture of him, because when we aren't snuggling, he's constantly on the move. He tries so hard to play with two toys at once. He'll bite each back and forth, looking for a way to carry both around! So hilarious! 


He's been learning a few tricks, but it's pretty slow going sometimes. So far: he consistently sits and lays down, most of the time rolls over and shakes, and we're working on "Spin around" and "High Five". I think once he gets the hang of the newest ones, we'll work on begging and maybe "Stay". That one will be extra challenging, because he feels the need to be RIGHT THERE next to me all the time. Hahaha! 

At the moment, he's throwing himself a pity party, because I won't throw his toy hamburger to him. I did 15 minutes ago, but it rolled under the couch, then right back out the other side. He won't go pick it up, even though it's literally right there within his reach. I just don't feel like crawling under a table to get it! He is so stubborn! 

This morning, Daniel asked me if having a puppy is quite what I thought it would be. My answer was NO. Chopper is exhausting and annoying and CRAZY! But he's also so sweet and lovable and, did I mention, incredibly fluffy?? Yup, I still love him, despite his love of testing my limits. Good baby practice, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment