Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DIY: Tissue Paper Ghosts

So, I saw this idea on Pinterest a while ago, and I'm very happy to report the absence of a "Pinterest Fail" here! Woohoo! These are super easy and fun!


You'll need:
-tissue paper
-glue
-fishing wire
-small styrofoam balls
-googly eyes
-something with a small, sharp point


Step One: Cut a length of wire, and tie one end in a small loop. A square knot worked beautifully.


Step Two: Take some tissue (I used 2 pieces) and puncture the middle to make a very small hole. Keep it as small as you possibly can. I did this by taking a metal shish kabob skewer and twisting it, but a needle or pin would work a lot faster. I was just too lazy to find one...hahaha!


Step Three: Pull the straight end of your wire through the small hole until the loop end stops you.


Step Four: Take your styrofoam ball and glue. Put a big dot of glue on your ball, about the size of a penny or nickel. Cover the ball with tissue in such a way that the glue is right where your hole and loop are. You can put some glue around the sides, too, so the tissue clings to the ball a bit.


Step Five: Attach googly eyes, and tie the end of your fishing wire in a bigger loop, if you so desire.


Step Six: Make your home a little spookier.

I have five of these little dudes hanging around my house. Kids love them! ;) If you end up making some, tag me on your Instagram or Facebook, so I can see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment