Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Finding a Hobby

Daniel and I decided we each need new hobbies, new things to learn to expand our minds and interests. After intense discussions and online quizzes, we've each compiled a list of hobbies we'd be interested in doing. Here are a few of mine:

- Yoga
I'd really like a way to tone up my body without feeling so discouraged about my lack of lung capacity and endurance. With plenty of free videos on YouTube, I think it'd be a great place to start getting into shape.

- Whittling
Ok, I know it sounds weird, but I have a mini obsession with old fashioned wooden toys, especially trains. I've always wanted to make one!

- Scrapbooking
My mom tried getting me into this forever ago, but I don't have much interest in putting a couple pictures on paper and loading it with stickers... I was thinking more of a Project Life approach. When I worked for a scrapbooking store last year, I really really wanted to try it out, and every time I see something about it on the internet, it drives me nuts! I'm just afraid that it's one of those things that looks cool but I'll drop it sooner than later... Only one way to find out, right?

- Cross Stitching
I've seen so many adorable cross stitch projects on the internet. I'd love to mix up the wall decor in my house with some cute patterns!

- Gardening
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until it's warmer to put some seeds in the garden, but I could find a few good bulbs in the meantime. Once Daniel and I are in a for sure long-term place, I'd like to grow a few fruit trees.

One hobby I've already been researching and looking forward to is the possibility of training my dog in agility. Border collies are supposed to be top notch for the sport, so we'll see if he's remotely interested. At the moment, he's not too keen on trying new things and he has the attention span of a house fly. He's super hard to motivate for more than 2 minutes. I'll figure out a way, though!

What hobbies do you enjoy? Are you looking for a new one?

No comments:

Post a Comment