Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Love Story Part 2: The Game, The Party, and The Guns

Our football team had made it to the State Championship, and we were stoked! Dan took me and a couple of friends to the Cardinal Stadium for a day of tailgating and "We Believe"-ing. We got there at about noon that day, and left around 11. By the time we got out of there, we were all tired and depressed about the failure we just witnessed. It was an hour drive home, and I was almost dozing.
Dan tried to lighten the mood by telling me about his favorite TV show. I tried very hard to listen and understand, but not a single word was making sense to me. The boys were talking about going out for pizza and wings, and I was trying to convince myself into it. It sounded fun and all, but I was beat. At the last minute, when Daniel was about to turn left, when home was right, I interrupted their conversation and asked him to take me home. My bed was calling me.

Little did I know, that one of his friends said that the reason I wanted to go home was because he was talking about that TV show. He said I thought he was a huge nerd. Dan didn't call me anymore after that. I thought he lost interest in me, and I didn't blame him.


Months later, a guy I grew up with was going on a mission. I went to his open house, and saw Dan playing chess with him. I went up to say hi, and ended up watching the whole game. One of them mentioned that TV show Dan was so fond of, and I said, "Oh, hey, weren't you going to show me what that's all about?" He said, "You want me to??" and I said, "Sure!" 

A short period of time later, he called me to set up a double date. We went out to the desert to shoot some guns, namely to test out his dad's new double barrel shot gun. Man, that thing KICKED! Hahaha! When it got dark, we picked up some In-n-Out and headed to Dan's house. And that, my friends, is where we watched the first five episodes of "Avatar: The Last Airbender".

Previously:

No comments:

Post a Comment