Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Project 333: Taking the Leap

Because the Coley Clan is up and moving next month, I decided I should get a head start on the hardest part of packing: my clothes. I have WAY too many to wear! Like seriously. In anticipation for a few moves in the next year--planned and possibly unexpected--downsizing right now sounds like a breath of fresh air!

About a month ago, I caught wind of Project 333. Courtney has some wonderful posts on how to get started, and with her advice, I've decided to give it a go! I've compiled my Winter Capsule Wardrobe, and will plan for spring, as well, letting some unlucky items drift into the "Donate" pile. I'm really excited about this! This is going to make moving and packing so much easier!!

On my list:

3 heavy coats: one gray, one blue, one khaki with flowers

4 sweaters: yellow, green, navy/coral, and Christmas patterned!

3 dresses: cream, gray, and black/gray

4 skirts: two black, one gray, one brown

1 pair of leggings

1 pair corduroy pants

2 pairs of jeans: black and blue

1 long-sleeved shirt

4 basic tees: blue, pink, gray, and striped

1 sparkle sequin shirt for special occasions

3 button ups: flannel, green, and gingham

3 cardigans: black, yellow, and polka dotted

and

3 pairs of boots: two brown, one gray

(I wanted to post pictures, but I got impatient waiting for the sun to come out. You get the idea though.)

I based my selections off of a rich, earthy palette: navy, gray, mustard, brown, green, and black. The whole point is to layer and make different combinations, so all of my choices are very versatile and well-fitting. I should add that I didn't include leisure clothes in the list. I'm not sure if that's breaking the rules, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for my sweats. ;)

Now I'm off to pack up everything that didn't make the cut! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment